Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Travel Plan

I am very nearly packed and the next 18 days will disappear lickety split!
I've never driven on the mainland so much prayer for me (and the other drivers!) would be much appreciated.

Sunday 6th February 2011:

  • Some time in the afternoon leave town (After church and fellowship lunch).
  • An hour later arrive at my parent's house in Launceston and stay the night.


Monday 7th February 2011:

  • Wake at about 5.30am
  • Coffee!
  • Leave Launceston at about 6.00am
  • Arrive in Devonport at about 7.30am and check car in at the Spirit of Tasmania dock.
  • More coffee!!!
  • Leave on Spirit at about 9.00am
  • Arrive in Melbourne at about 6.00pm
  • Drive to Geelong - hopefully arrive at RTC before 8.00pm
I thought a map would help to give a clearer understanding.

This is Australia and I've circled the area I'll be travelling.

This is it closer up with the main points of interest.

There are plenty of flights between Melbourne and Launceston and they only take about an hour. I decided to take the boat for my initial trip because I want to have my car over there (and I will stuff it with as much of my junk as possible!). 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic, wish I was going along. Once we get this church planted maybe I can go back to school for a bit.

    Map really helped. Sounds like you have a great plan. But if you leave on the 6th you will miss the Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan :) I like your organisation.

    We found the ferry trip achingly boring! Thankfully you will no doubt be prepared with your laptop/ipod accessible and many books to read! We found we had to 'claim' a spot to get a nice place to sit that we could cope with for a while. I recommend this!

    Also, there are family friendly films on regularly but we kept missing them and the smell of sick can be worse in the cinema...

    Also - there is a point in the day when everyone will lie down 'anywhere'! to get a sleep! Join them, even if its on the floor!

    Praying for you on the road, that you will look, listen and be confident! Also - be a bit aggressive and it will pay off.
    Melbourne is on a grid so if you get lost on the turnoff to geelong you can just find a safe place to stop and consult the map.

    You will be great, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience, I am so excited for you! This will be such a wonderful experience! You will see God's hand of provision in so many ways!

    Loved the maps too since I've never been in that part of the world before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Gregg,
    What did you study the first time at school and what would you study if you went back?
    I can't get the Super Bowl here anyway but I reckon the sports news will show the highlights over, and over, and over, and over again.

    @ Donners,
    Yep I got mega bored on the night sailing (even with friends and a deck of cards) so I have books to read, music to listen to, blog posts to write, sleep to catch up on, and many other things planned.

    @ Diane,
    The Lord has been providing abundantly and in unexpected ways! He is so kind and merciful. I am looking forward to the coming year so I can see the marvellous things He has planned.

    ReplyDelete